What does the Business Advisory Group do?
The Business Advisory Group provides strategic advice to us on issues that affect the business community.
The aims of the Business Advisory Group include:
- capitalising on the knowledge, experience and skill available in Yarra’s large and dynamic local business community to assist us with the implementation of the objectives in the Yarra Economic Development Strategy
- raising the profile of the business community in our activities and planning to support the significant contribution made to our local economy
- ensuring that a key sector of the community is provided with an appropriate communication mechanism with us
providing strategic advice to us on issues that affect the business community
How do I join the Business Advisory Group?
Members of the Business Advisory Group are selected through nominations as positions become available.
Future nominations will be announced through the Yarra e-bulletin for local businesses.
When does the Business Advisory Group meet?
You can view the dates in our events calendar.
Who are the members of the Business Advisory Group?
Councillor representatives include:
- Cr Daniel Nguyen
- Cr Jackie Fristacky
Business representatives include:
- Dr John Ballard, Associate Vice Chancellor, Australian Catholic University
- Paul Khumra, Healthcare Plus Australia
- Malcolm Wells, Executive Director Operational Projects, Epworth Healthcare
- David Lawson, Executive Director/Chief Financial Officer, Compumedics
- Arthur Keramitsis, Director, Keramitsis & Co
- Chris Brown, Store Manager, IKEA Richmond
- Shini Pararajasingham, Director, Off the Kerb Gallery
- Jessica Kerr, Solicitor, Sinclair & May
- Mark Ryan, Owner, Eureka Coffee & Growers Espresso
- Joe Esposito, Manager, BOQ Collingwood
- Trang Du, Founder, Two Square Pegs
- Robyn Madeley, Victoria Gardens Shopping Centre
- Jane Stewart, Sustain Ability International
- Mark Schiffer, Blick Creative
- Geoffrey Bowll - Starship
- Hamish Burns - HACEN