Join the Yarra City Council team and help us better serve our diverse community.
What we offer
We offer our employees a generous range of benefits, including flexible work arrangements, an employee assistance program, health and wellbeing programs, excellent leave entitlements and many other benefits.
If you can’t find the right job, create your candidate profile and set up job alert emails so you don't miss out on current opportunities.View our current job vacancies
Competitive salaries and perks
- Guaranteed salary increases of 1.85% in 2023 and 2% in 2024.
- Free professional counselling from world-class Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Access to health and wellbeing programs. Discounted rates for Yarra aquatic and leisure centres and salary sacrifice offered for Yarra childcare.
- Discounted yearly Myki card.
- Recognition of service day after 7 years.
- 17.5% annual leave loading paid prior to Christmas each year.
Flexible working environment
- Hybrid working model.
- Rostered day off (RDO) for many positions.
- 16 days personal leave per year.
- 18 weeks parental leave and 3 weeks for non-primary caregivers.
- 40 hours pre-natal leave per pregnancy.
- 5 days compassionate leave per occasion.
- 3 days culture leave per year plus 5 days unpaid leave.
- Community service and armed forces leave.
- Up to an additional 10 weeks of purchased leave or career break.
- 20 days of family violence leave and 5 days for employees supporting a person affected by family violence.
- Development programs and resources to grow knowledge and skills.
- Education Assistance Program featuring study and exam leave and up to 50% course fee reimbursement.
- Leadership courses and learning workshops.
- Opportunities for advancement and secondments into various Council roles.
We aim to achieve the greatest outcomes for the community through delivering our Council Plan and working with, and for, all in Yarra.
Our values guide our conduct and working relationships with colleagues and the community.
- Accountability: We own what we do and expect others to as well.
- Respect: We include all. Diversity is our strength.
- Courage: We are intentional in our actions. We seek the brave path.