The Early Years Reference Group facilitates networking and dialogue among those promoting and advocating for the needs and aspirations of children and their families in Yarra with a particular focus on vulnerable and disadvantaged children and families.
What does the committee do?
The Early Years Reference Group:
- provides an opportunity for high-level consultation engagement and advice for Yarra organisations with an interest in family and children’s services.
- supports Council in the development of a policy framework for the planning, development and delivery of family and children’s services.
- contributes to the evidence base and service planning process for future service provision by Council and other providers to 2030.
- shares information and advice on potential planning and service delivery issues, with a view to predicting and resolving issues.
Who are the committee members?
The following Councillor was appointed to the committee in November 2020 for a one year term:
In addition to the appointed Councillor, the committee has an open membership and welcomes participation from representatives of the following organisations:
- public housing tenants associations in Yarra
- community and private child care operators in Yarra
- charitable and benevolent organisations delivering support to Yarra’s families and children
- umbrella bodies representing organisations with a focus on the delivery of family and children’s services (such as Community Child Care Association Victoria)
- North and West Metropolitan Region, Department of Human Services
Terms of reference
You can download and read the Early Years Reference Group terms of reference