The Arts Advisory Committee provides a formal mechanism for Council to consult with key stakeholders, seek specialist advice and enable community participation in arts and cultural planning and development.
What does the committee do?
The key role of the Committee is to:
- provide advice on the implementation of the Arts and Cultural Plan 2011–2015;
- provide comment on relevant Council policies and strategies;
- make recommendations to Council on the arts streams of the Community Grants Program;
- facilitate formal and informal communication and consultation processes with local arts and cultural industries, practitioners, organisations and residents;
- provide advice to Council on issues related to visual arts in the City including to the City of Yarra Art and Heritage Collection and public art; and
- provide advice to Council on issues related to creative infrastructure, specifically to the Room to Create Program.
To support the Committee in this role it shall establish the following working groups:
- Visual Arts Panel
- Room to Create Panel
Who are the committee members?
The following Councillors have been appointed to the committee for 2023:
- Cr Edward Crossland
- Cr Stephen Jolly
In addition to the appointed Councillors, the membership includes six community members selected on the basis of their:
- strong link to the City of Yarra, such as a resident, property owner, business operator or someone who works or studies in the City of Yarra;
- contribution to a representation from across art forms and interests relevant to the Yarra community;
- ability to contribute to a balance of continuing and new members.
Terms of reference
You can download and read the Arts Advisory Committee Terms of Reference (PDF 124kB).
Minutes of meetings of the Arts Advisory Committee are available for download below.
- 18 March 2021 (PDF 129kB).
- 19 May 2021 (PDF 134kB).
- 5 August 2021 (PDF 120kB).
- 28 October 2021 (PDF 117kB).
- 3 March 2022 (PDF 172kB).
- 9 June 2022 (PDF 84kB).
- 21 September 2022 (PDF 155kB).
- 22 March 2023 (PDF 152kB).
Further minutes are uploaded to this page as they become available.