In recognition of the climate emergency, the Active Transport Advisory Committee provides Council with advice to support its objective of reducing car dependency in the community and increasing the use of active transport throughout the municipality.
What does the committee do?
The Active Transport Advisory Committee provides advice and recommendations to Council in matters of relevance to travel throughout the municipality by means of self-powered active transport, such as:
- Kick scooters
The Committee provides advice and recommendations to Council in relation to the established and emerging role of power-assisted transport as part of the community transport mix, including the role of:
- Electric assisted bicycles
- Electric scooters
- Powered ‘rideables’ (eg. hover boards, segways, electric skateboards)
Who are the committee members?
The following Councillors have been appointed to the Committee for 2023:
- Cr Herschel Landes
- Cr Sophie Wade
In addition to the appointed Councillors, the membership includes eight community members selected on the basis of their:
- capacity to consult and represent a wide range of views;
- understanding of the needs of a range of different transport users;
- capacity to analyse information and advice on issues affecting transport users.
In selecting members, Council shall endeavour to establish a committee comprising:
- members from different locations across the municipality;
- members with expertise and experience with different forms of active transport;
- a diverse gender and other demographic mix.
Terms of reference
You can download and read the Active Transport Advisory Committee Terms of Reference (PDF 119kB).
Minutes of meetings of the Active Transport Advisory Committee are available for download below.
- 6 December 2021 (PDF 210kB)
- 8 June 2022 (PDF 107 kB)
- 12 October 2022 (PDF 138kB)
- 8 March 2023 (PDF 111kB)
- 16 August 2023 (PDF 163kB)
Further minutes are uploaded to this page as they become available.