Yarra Leisure offers an extensive range of group fitness classes to suit everyone, from low impact classes for beginners through to more challenging classes for experienced fitness fanatics.
Sprung floors and air conditioning in a spacious area provide for the best aerobics work out area you can ask for!
All choreographed classes are designed to provide for a range of abilities and fitness levels with a fun workout.
Our classes include Les Mills’ Body Attack, Body Balance, Body Combat, Body Pump, Body Step and CXWorx.
Group Fitness timetable
Group Fitness timetable: 14 October - 22 December 2013 (149.05 KB)
Christmas and New Year Group Fitness timetables
Collingwood Leisure Centre - Group Fitness timetable: 23 Dec 2013 to 12 Jan 2014 (176.30 KB)
Fitzroy Swimming Pool - Group Fitness timetable: 23 Dec 2013 to 12 Jan 2014 (172.92 KB)
Richmond Recreation Centre - Group Fitness timetable: 23 Dec 2013 to 12 Jan 2014 (175.93 KB)
Has your favourite class been flagged?
As part of Yarra Leisure’s group fitness flagging process we are seeking your feedback on the proposed changes to our new group fitness timetable set to be released on Monday 13 January 2014.
To complete the group fitness flagging feedback form please click here.
Alternatively you can pick up a group fitness flagging feedback form at reception from any of our leisure centres. Feedback regarding flagged group fitness classes are only to be provided via this process. Please submit your feedback by Sunday, 22 December 2013. All information provided will be collated and taken into consideration in the preparation of the new group fitness timetable.
Further information regarding Yarra Leisure's group fitness flagging process is available by clicking here.
How to choose classes
Group fitness classes used to be high-impact and high-injury, emphasising fancy choreography at the expense of cardio-vascular fitness. At Yarra Leisure, our group fitness classes are less stressful and much more effective, with greater focus on all-over conditioning.
Get the workout your body needs. Exercise time is precious. Don't waste it. Choose a class tailored to your needs and fitness level.
Please see the class descriptions link for detailed information on all our group fitness classes.
Help everyone have safe and enjoyable workouts. Follow these simple tips.
- Be sure to advise your instructor if you have any existing injuries/conditions or are pregnant, before the class.
- No bags are to be brought into the studios.
- For your safety please ensure you attend both the warm up and cool down phases of the class.
- If leaving before the class finishes please leave your equipment to be put away at the end of the session, to avoid disturbing others.
- Attendees to group exercise sessions should be aware of and respect the Group Fitness code of conduct in all our studios.
- Bring along a sweat towel, water bottle and comfortable clothing, shoes are compulsory - BODYBALANCE™, Yoga and Pilates being exceptions.
- Please ensure you are on time for your class, as refusal may offend. To avoid disruption and to prevent injury, we reserve the right to refuse entry to a class if you miss the warm up phase.
- We recommend the use of mats for Yoga, Pilates, & Body Balance - these are not provided but are available for sale at Reception.
Are you interested in working for Yarra Leisure as group fitness instructor?
If you are interested in offering your services as a sub-contractor we request that you complete the expression of interest form linked below.
Yarra Leisure sub-contractor request form
All applications will be considered and responded to within ten working days.
Back to top