Yarra Leisure offers an extensive range of group fitness classes to suit everyone, from low impact classes for beginners through to more challenging classes for experienced fitness fanatics.
Sprung floors and air conditioning in a spacious area provide for the best aerobics work out area you can ask for!
All choreographed classes are designed to provide for a range of abilities and fitness levels with a fun workout.
Our classes include Les Mills’ Body Attack, Body Balance, Body Combat, Body Pump, Body Step and CXWorx.
Group Fitness timetable
Group Fitness timetable: 15 April - 14 July 2013 (358.01 KB)
NEW group fitness timetable
Monday 15 April to Sunday 14 July
Yarra Leisure would like to thank all members and patrons that provided us with valuable feedback regarding the flagged group fitness classes.
All changes made to the new timetable, effective Monday 15 April, have been made after careful consideration of the flagging feedback forms submitted, class performance, and timetable structure.
- New Yoga 1 class at Collingwood Leisure Centre on Tuesday at 8.15am
- New Yoga 1 class at Fitzroy Swimming Pool on Sunday at 4.30pm
- Saturday 9.15am Circuit class at Collingwood Leisure Centre changed to a 45 minute session. On trial for duration of this timetable.
- Saturday 10.30am Body Step class at Collingwood Leisure Centre changed to a new time slot of 10.15am. Class duration extended to a 75 minute session combining a full Body Step class & Freestyle Step. On trial for duration of this timetable.
For further information regarding changes to the new timetable, including group fitness flagging results, please click here.
Should you have any queries regarding group fitness please contact the Gym & Dry Programs Coordinator, Lisa Steere by email at: Lisa.Steere@yarracity.vic.gov.au
Collingwood Leisure Centre Aqua timetable - Lane allocation
From Wednesday 1 May, the lane allocation for the 9.15am Aqua classes on Wednesday and Friday at Collingwood Leisure Centre will be increased from four lanes to five lanes.
The additional lane allocation will allow for an increase in class capacity to 42 participants.
Please note, lap swimming lanes during the time from 9.15am to 10.15am will be reduced accordingly.
This change is a result of customer feedback and consistently high participant numbers.
For further information, please contact the Gym & Dry Programs Coordinator, Lisa Steere by email at: Lisa.Steere@yarracity.vic.gov.au
Has your favourite class been flagged?
Information regarding regarding Yarra Leisure's group fitness flagging process is available by clicking here.
How to choose classes
Group fitness classes used to be high-impact and high-injury, emphasising fancy choreography at the expense of cardio-vascular fitness. At Yarra Leisure, our group fitness classes are less stressful and much more effective, with greater focus on all-over conditioning.
Get the workout your body needs. Exercise time is precious. Don't waste it. Choose a class tailored to your needs and fitness level.
Please see the class descriptions link for detailed information on all our group fitness classes.
Help everyone have safe and enjoyable workouts. Follow these simple tips.
- Be sure to advise your instructor if you have any existing injuries/conditions or are pregnant, before the class.
- No bags are to be brought into the studios.
- For your safety please ensure you attend both the warm up and cool down phases of the class.
- If leaving before the class finishes please leave your equipment to be put away at the end of the session, to avoid disturbing others.
- Attendees to group exercise sessions should be aware of and respect the Group Fitness code of conduct in all our studios.
- Bring along a sweat towel, water bottle and comfortable clothing, shoes are compulsory - BODYBALANCE™, Yoga and Pilates being exceptions.
- Please ensure you are on time for your class, as refusal may offend. To avoid disruption and to prevent injury, we reserve the right to refuse entry to a class if you miss the warm up phase.
- We recommend the use of mats for Yoga, Pilates, & Body Balance - these are not provided but are available for sale at Reception.
Are you interested in working for Yarra Leisure as group fitness instructor?
If you are interested in offering your services as a sub-contractor we request that you complete the expression of interest form linked below.
Yarra Leisure sub-contractor request form
All applications will be considered and responded to within ten working days.
Back to top