Yarra Youth Ambassadors
Are you interested in change? Is there a social issue that you think needs addressing?
Join the Yarra Youth Ambassadors to help set the agenda for your local community, run your own social enterprise or advocate for positive change.
The Yarra Youth Ambassadors are a group of motivated young leaders who care about making a difference in their community.
They meet regularly to address issues of importance to local young people and create projects that will make a positive impact.
Become a Youth Ambassador
As a Yarra Youth Ambassador you will have the opportunity to:
- meet and work with other young people on key ideas and projects of interest to you
- provide ideas and input into new programs and activities for young people in Yarra
- get trained in leadership, facilitation, enterprise, communication and advocacy skills
- set up new campaigns, enterprises or policy structures which address the issues you feel are important in the community
The committee meets regularly on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month from 5pm-7pm at Yarra's Community Youth Centre (156 Napier Street, Fitzroy).
To be involved you must be:
- aged 15 to 25 years
- live, work or study in Yarra
- able to come to regular meetings
To express your interest in becoming a Yarra Youth Ambassador, contact Gabrielle Nolan, Youth Development Officer, on 9426 1455.
Yarra Youth Services
Back to top