Education, training and employment
Yarra Youth Services offers a variety of education, training and employment support to young people aged between 12 and 25 who live, work or study in Yarra. We work in close partnership with the Inner Northern Local Learning and Employment Network (INLLEN) and local schools.
Yarra Youth Services co-facilitates the Yarra Youth Commitment in order to improve education, training and employment pathways for young people in Yarra.
Yarra Youth Services provides:
- one-on-one support with a pathways worker to support young people to link in with education and training opportunities, or to provide practical support to find employment
- Living It Up – An after-school program to enhance core life skills and access practical employment, education and vocational advice and support (Tuesdays, 5.30pm to 8.30pm during the school term)
- Young Entrepreneurs Program – A weekly program, run from July to December, designed to support young people aged 16 to 25 to develop their business ideas through workshops, mentoring and business opportunities
- work experience and student placement opportunities
- Department of Education accredited VCAL unit on the City of Yarra. This consists of a Teachers’ Guide and Student Workbook.
Kate Rizzo or Annabel Derbyshire
Back to top
Youth Development Officers – Education, Training and Employment
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org