Yarra Leisure offers several community programs ranging from our Collingwood Estate Community Gym through to our Striving for Maximum Strength program.
Striving for Maximum Strength
Yarra Leisure recognises that people with chronic health issues often find it difficult to maintain gym memberships, and train in isolation. Striving for Maximum Strength offers 2 sessions per week, on a sessional basis, no long term contracts, with a fully supported individual program, in a fully equipped private gym.
SMS - Is a successful strength training program that not only provides physical benefits, like strength, flexibility and balance, but also allows people of all abilities to exercise and engage in a safe, encouraging environment.
- Gym based strength training program for people with a range of abilities including neurological conditions, physical disabilities or chronic health conditions.
- All sessions are conducted by a qualified fitness professional, supported by MS Australia health professionals.
- Individual programs allow people to progress at their own pace.
- Acknowledges the individual needs of younger people living with chronic illness.
- Program designed to respond to the changing needs of the participants.
There is a one off assessment fee and then sessions are purchased on a casual basis. Sessions are held on Wednesday 11am & Saturday 1pm.
Back to top