HACC Participation Grants
The Participation Grants are provided by Yarra City Council through the Home and Community Care (HACC) program.
The grants provide funding to community groups that offer opportunities for Yarra’s older residents and people with a disability to engage in local social and community activities.
The level of funding is based on how regularly the group offers activities and how many people attend the activities. The funding is valid for three years.
Eligibility and guidelines
To be eligible for a Participation Grant, a group or organisation must:
- meet at least monthly in the City of Yarra
- support and provide social or recreational activities for Yarra’s residents 65+ years to support social inclusion in Yarra
- be an independent and incorporated group
- or auspiced by an incorporated organisation, for grants more than $1,000
- or can otherwise demonstrate satisfactory accountability requirements
- hold and ABN or an ABN Exemption Form; and
- be a not-for-profit local group or organisation.
Grants cannot be used for new building or facility maintenance works, staff salaries, or the purchase of equipment, trophies and prizes.
HACC Participation Grants are awarded on a three-year basis (2011 – 2013).
Applications for funding for 2013 closed on 9 November 2012. The next three year cycle of grants is expected to announced in late 2013. For more information, please contact Fran Moloney, Community Development Coordinator, on the details below.
Back to top
Community Development Coordinator