Health and Safety
Council works to enhance community health and wellbeing by managing a range of environmental risks to health.
Find out more about:
- Food safety and standards - the Public Health Unit inspects places that sell, store, manufacture, package or transport food for people to eat.
- Personal Care and Body Art Businesses - the registration of businesses, including hairdressers, beauty salons, tattooing, ear-piercing and colonic irrigation.
- Prescribed accommodation - registration of accommodation businesses, including bed and breakfasts, motels or boarding houses.
- Immunisation - information on Council's immunisation services, including this year's immunisation schedule and locations.
- Infectious disease - information about how Council minimises the incidence or spread of infectious diseases, including Hepatitis and Head Lice.
- Tobacco - information about tobacco rules and regulations.
- Community safety - information on Council's plan to improve safety across the municipality, including issues involving drugs, alcohol and crime.
- Syringe disposal - facilities for the safe disposal of syringes and needles.
- Public Health Plan - Council has set four priorities to improve the health of the community over the next four years.
Back to top