Health and Safety
Council works to enhance community health and wellbeing by delivering a range of public and environmental health services.
Council’s services related to community health and wellbeing include:
- Food safety and standards – registration and notification of premises, inspection and sampling of premises and investigation of complaints.
- Personal care and body art businesses - the registration of premises, including hairdressers, beauty salons, tattooing, ear-piercing and colonic irrigation, inspection of premises and investigation of complaints.
- Prescribed accommodation - registration of accommodation businesses, including bed and breakfasts, motels or rooming houses, inspection of premises and investigation of complaints.
- Immunisation - information on Council's immunisation services, including this year's immunisation schedule and locations.
- Infectious disease - information about how Council minimises the incidence or spread of infectious diseases, including Head Lice.
- Tobacco - information about how Council enforces tobacco rules and regulations including restrictions on smoking and the sale of tobacco especially preventing the sale to children under 18 years of age.
- Community safety - information on Council's planning to improve safety across the municipality, including drug, alcohol and crime related issues.
- Syringe disposal - facilities for the safe disposal of syringes and needles.
- Public Health Plan - Council has set four priorities to improve the health of the community over the next four years.
Back to top