Yarra's Vacation Care Program offers fun, low-cost activities for primary school-aged children.
Vacation care is available to all children who attend primary school, including children with special needs.
The program offers a range of exciting excursions and interesting activities, all supervised by Council’s qualified and experienced vacation care staff.
The spring vacation care program will run from Monday 9 January to Friday 27 January 2017.
Booking forms must be submitted by 5pm on Tuesday 13 December 2016. Families with children with additional needs (ISS funding) must contact the Team Leader by 4pm Friday 5 December.
Places for the program are allocated according to Council's Priority of Access Policy.
See the links below for information on:
The Vacation Care program is held at the following locations in Yarra:
- Atherton Gardens, 125 Napier Street, Fitzroy
- Collingwood College, Islington Street, Collingwood
- Richmond West Primary, 25 Lennox Street, Richmond
- Merri Creek Primary School, 173 Miller Street, Fitzroy North and Spenlsey Street Primary School, 193 Spensley Street, Clifton Hill (on rotation)
Activities - Summer 2017
See the activities for the summer vacation care program in this brochure: Vacation Care Program Summer 2017 (299.38 KB)
*If the Atherton Gardens program booking numbers are too low, that program will merge with one of the other service locations.
How to book
You must complete and return the 2016 Out of School Hours Care Enrolment Form:
OSHC Enrolment form 2017 (2.25 MB)
Your completed enrolment forms can be submitted by:
- Mail to Vacation Care, PO Box 168, Richmond, VIC 3121 (*must mail out 4 working days before deadline).
- Email to email@example.com
- In person at Richmond Town Hall (333 Bridge Road), Collingwood Town Hall (140 Hoddle Street, Abbotsford) or Connie Benn Centre (160 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy) on weekdays from 8.30am - 5pm.
If you are unable to download the booking and/or enrolment form, the forms can be mailed out to you if you contact Council's Vacation Care Program on 9205 5479.
Complete the online booking form by clicking the link: Online bookings.
Booking forms must be submitted by Tuesday 13 December 2016.
To request a hard copy booking form, please contact Vacation Care on 9205 5482.
Once the completed enrolment and booking forms have been received and processed, we will contact you by phone or email to confirm your booking.
Please note: new bookings cannot be processed until all outstanding fees have been paid, or a payment plan has been agreed to. If you require assistance in this matter please contact Vacation Care on 9205 5482.
At the end of each Vacation Care program we will send you an invoice with the amount you need to pay. Payment can be made by:
- Mail a cheque or money order to: Vacation Care, Yarra City Council, PO Box 168, Richmond, 3121 (*must mail out 4 working days before deadline).
- Cash or EFTPOS at Richmond Town Hall (333 Bridge Road, Richmond) or Collingwood Town Hall (140 Hoddle Street, Abbotsford) or the Connie Benn Centre (160 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy) on weekdays from 8.30am - 5pm.
- Direct debit from your credit card or bank account. Call Vacation Care on 9205 5454 or9205 5482 to register your details.
- BPay – details will be sent with your Vacation Care invoice.
Hours of operation
Each day of the Vacation Care Program generally operates from 8am – 6pm. The times specified in the table above relate to when excursions will occur within the day.
Children must arrive no later than 9am. If you are running late please call the service your child is attending on the mobile numbers provided above.
EX - Excursions: $60
IN - In-House activities: $50
IV - In-house visits: $60
Families who have registered for the Child Care Benefit with the Family Assistance Office can pay a reduced fee. The Family Assistance Office can be contacted on 13 61 50. The line for non-English speakers is 13 12 02.
Council provides breakfast cereal (for children who have not had breakfast) and an afternoon snack. Please provide your child with a nutritional morning snack, lunch, and a bottle of water. Please do not provide your child with any food that includes nut products.
Out of School Hours Team Leader
Back to top