Central Registration System
The Central Registration System provides families with a single way to register their children for placements in local child care and kindergartens. It takes some of the difficulty out of registering your child for child care, by providing a single point of contact for a number of child care services.
The registration system offers vacancies to children for Council-operated children's services and participating community based children's services including:
Long Day Care
- North Carlton Children’s Centre
- Yarraberg Street Children’s Centre
- Gold Street Children’s Centre
- Keele Street Children’s Centre
4 Year Old Kindergarten
- Richmond Kindergarten (sessional)
- Princes Hill Kindergarten (sessional)
- Atherton Gardens Kindergarten (sessional)
- North Carlton Kindergarten (sessional)
- Yarralea Children's Centre (sessional)
- Yarraberg Children’s Centre Kindergarten Program (long day care)
- Gold Street Children’s Centre Kindergarten Program (long day care)
3 Year Old Kindergarten / Activity Group
- Richmond Kindergarten
- Princes Hill Kindergarten
- North Carlton Kindergarten
- Yarralea Children’s Centre
The Central Registration System promotes equitable access to child care by establishing universal criteria for placement. This ensures that your child is offered a place in a fair, equitable and timely manner.
Your details are entered onto the Central Registration System, including your service preferences and date of registration. Places will be allocated in accordance with Commonwealth Priority of Access guidelines and Yarra Council’s Priority of Access Policy.
- Infants must be at least three months old before attending Long Day Care
- A child must have already turned three to attend 3 year old kindergarten
- A child must be four years old by 30 April in the year of attendance to attend 4 year old kindergarten.
How to register
Children can be registered for participating children’s services from birth.
Download a registration form:
Central Registration Application Form (352.51 KB) Central Registration brochure (400.51kB)
Or collect a form from:
• Council managed childcare centres, kindergartens or maternal and child health centres
• Richmond Town Hall, 333 Bridge Road or
Collingwood Town Hall, 140 Hoddle Street, Abbotsford
• Participating children’s services
Decide which service best meets your needs. You may wish to visit the services before selecting your preference in the registration form.
Return your completed form with any supporting documentation and payment of $15.00. This fee will be waived upon presentation of a Health Care Card.
Send your form to:
Central Registration Officer
Family and Children’s Services
Yarra City Council
PO Box 168
The form can also be delivered in person to the Richmond or Collingwood town halls. You will then be sent a letter or an email confirming your registration.
Concerns about the operation of the Central Registration System should be forwarded in writing to Yarra City Council:
Coordinator, Early Years Services
Yarra City Council
PO Box 168
Central Registration Support Officer
Back to top