Access and Inclusion Plan
Council’s Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 – 2017 outlines Council’s commitment to creating an inclusive community where people with a disability can participate fully in the public, economic and cultural life of Yarra.
The plan was developed in consultation with Council’s Disability Advisory Committee.
Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 - 2017.pdf (704.17 KB)
Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 - 2017.docx (580.78 KB)
A summarised version of the plan appears below:
Summary Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 - 2017.docx (77.24 KB)
Summary Access and Inclusion Plan - 2014-2017.pdf (146.17 KB)
A document outlining the new actions for 2016 and 2017 for the Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 - 2017 are below:
New Actions for 2016 and 2017 - Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 - 2017 (29 KB) (25.52 KB)
New Actions for 2016 and 2017 - Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 - 2017 (29 KB) PDF (61.64 KB)
Copies of the print-version of the plan are below (please note these documents are large files).
Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 - 2017 - full print version (8.16 MB)
Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 - 2017 - summary print version (7.09 MB)
Access and Inclusion Plan Easy English (11.23 MB)
To request a hard-copy of the document in any of the alternative versions listed below, please contact Council’s Access and Inclusion Officer on 9205 5435.
Alternative versions of the Access and Inclusion Plan include:
- Full version
- Easy English
- Large Print
- Audio CD
The plan is based on the following principles:
- Skills, experience and needs of all community members are valued and generate a stronger and resilient community
- Disability access and inclusion are given mainstream focus in cross-Council planning, processes and practices
- Excellence in access and inclusion expands beyond minimum requirements
- Equitable and accessible opportunities are based on the concept of enablement and realisation of potential.
The plan focuses on community participation, employment, information and communication, the built environment and awareness-raising, with the aim to:
- Provide equitable and accessible opportunities for people with disability to engage in cultural and social activities and events and in civic and community decision making
- Create inclusive work culture by meeting the needs of applicants with disability
- Improve accessibility to public buildings, spaces and facilities
- Create and promote resources, information and communication that meet the needs of people with disability
- Increase staff and community awareness regarding practices that are inclusive of people with disability.
Disability Access and Inclusion Planning Officer
National Relay Service
TTY users phone 133 677 then ask for 03 9205 5555.
Speak & Listen users (speech-to-speech relay) phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 03 9205 5555.
Internet relay users connect to the National Relay Service via www.relayservice.com.au and then ask for 03 9205 5555.
Back to top