Amendment C185 – A combined planning scheme amendment and planning permit application known as a Section 96A application.
Council is proposing Amendment C185 to the Yarra Planning Scheme.
The land affected by the amendment is located at 462-482 Swan Street Richmond.
The site is located on the south-east corner of Swan Street and Burnley Street and is identified as a Strategic Redevelopment Site in the Swan Street Structure Plan 2013.
A combined application is when a landowner concurrently:
- Requests an amendment to the Yarra Planning Scheme; and
- Lodges a planning permit application for use and/or development of the land.
The request for a combined amendment and planning permit application process is considered under the provisions of Section 96A of the Planning and Environment Act, 1987
The amendment proposes to change the current Commercial 2 Zone and replace it with a Commercial 1 Zone. Additionally, it is proposed to apply a new Design and Development Overlay (schedule 14) and an Environmental Audit Overlay. The details of the changes and background to this process are explained in the attached Explanatory Report. The attached maps show the proposed changes.
The application for planning permit is seeking:
- Use and development of the land for a mixed use development comprising two buildings (part 3-10 storey and part 3-12 storey), dwellings, a supermarket and retail, offices, gymnasium (with swimming pool), (permit required for dwellings and restricted recreation facility only) a reduction in carparking requirement and buildings and works including alteration to a Road Zone (Category 1).
Council Meeting 7 March 2017
On 7 March 2017 we adopted the Amendment to rezone the land at 462-482 Swan Street. This will enable the existing commercial site to be redeveloped for residential uses. The new development will include retail and commercial components and improvements to Swan Street and the Burnley Street Station public realm.
We will secure 5% affordable housing within the development. The amendment has been submitted to the Minister for Planning with the same building heights as were exhibited. This sets a mandatory height control of 12 storeys on the development.
You can also view the Council meeting minutes for further information.
A Panel Hearing was held from of 23-25 November 2016.
The Panel Report was received in January 2017 and includes recommendations that are expected to be considered by Council at a Council Meeting in March 2017.
The Panel Report can be viewed here: Amendment C185 Panel Report (706.06 KB)
A public information session on the proposed amendment and combined planning permit application was held on 3 August 2016.
Council sought community feedback on the amendment and planning permit in July-August 2016.
Documents to support the amendment
Click here for Amendment C185 Supporting Documentation
- Explanatory report
- Notice of preparation of amendment
- Instruction sheet
- Draft Design and Development Overlay
- Draft Planning permit
- Town Planning Report
- Expert reports
- Fact sheet – What is a Section 96A combined planning scheme amendment and planning permit application
If you have any questions regarding the amendment, please contact Janet Keily on: ph. 9205 5027 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you require further information regarding the draft planning permit, please contact Vicky Grillakis on ph. 9205 5124 or email Vasiliky.Grillakis@yarracity.vic.gov.au
Back to top