Council adopted Amendment C170 on 23 July 2013.
The Amendment was approved by the Minister for Planning and gazetted on 24 October 2013.
The land affected by the Amendment is the land at 32-68 Mollison Street, Abbotsford and 61-69 William Street, Abbotsford.
About Amendment C170
The Amendment made the following changes:
- Rezone land at 32-68 Mollison Street, Abbotsford from Industrial 1 Zone (IN1Z) to Business 3 Zone (B3Z)
- Rezone land at 61-69 William Street, Abbotsford from part Industrial 1 Zone (IN1Z) and part Residential 1 Zone (R1Z) to Mixed Use (MUZ)
- Apply the Incorporated Plan Overlay to the subject sites
- Introduce a new Schedule to the Incorporated Plan Overlay (Schedule 2)
- Include the subject sites in the Environmental Audit Overlay (EAO), and
- Insert a new incorporated document into the schedule to Clause 81.01 entitled: “32-68 Mollison Street and 61-69 William Street, Abbotsford November 2012.”
Documents to support the Amendment can be viewed here:
At its meeting on Tuesday 5 March 2013, Council considered the submissions it received about Amendment C170. At this meeting Council resolved to request that the Minister for Planning appoint an independent planning panel to consider the Amendment and the submissions.
The planning hearing for Amendment C170 was held on 22 April 2013 at Planning Panels Victoria, with representations made by the proponent and Council.
The report of the panel was received on 5 June 2013 and can be viewed here: Amendment C170 Panel Report (611.72 KB).
Expert evidence presented to the panel by BMDA Consultants, who act on behalf of the Meydan Group, can be viewed here:
Acoustic Report.pdf (2.80 MB)
Architectural Urban Design Report.pdf (2.84 MB)
Heritage Report Part 1.pdf (3.78 MB)
Heritage Report Part 2.pdf (754.43 KB)
Traffic Report.pdf (1.18 MB)
Planning Evidence – Urbis (655.23 KB)
Back to top