Smith Street Structure Plan
Council has prepared Amendment C140 to the Yarra Planning Scheme. The Amendment would enable Council to implement some of the objectives outlined in the Smith Street Structure Plan.
The Amendment proposes to make the following changes to the Yarra Planning Scheme:
- Modify Clause 21.04-2 (Activity Centres) to make reference to the new Clause 21.08
- Insert a new Section at Clause 21.08 of the MSS entitled “Activity Centres” and a sub-section at Clause 21.08-1 entitled “Smith Street Activity Centre” to reflect the vision, principles and strategic objectives of the Smith Street Structure Plan, adopted by Council 18 November 2008
- Modify the relevant neighbourhood sections (Collingwood and Fitzroy) of the MSS under current Clause 21.08 to also reflect the vision, principles and strategic objectives of the Smith Street Structure Plan
- Include the Smith Street Structure Plan in the list of reference documents under current Clause 21.11 – Reference Documents, and
- Introduce a new schedule to the Design and Development Overlay (DDO14) to apply to the subject area.
Documents to support the Amendment can be found here:
Explanatory Report and Gazette Notice:
Amendment C140 Explanatory Report (81.50kB)
Amendment C140 Gazette Notice (14.83kB)
Changes to the Municipal Strategic Statement (MSS):
Clause 21.08 - Smith Street Activity Centre.docx (16.69kB)
Land Use MSS 21.04.docx (4.66MB)
Reference Documents MSS 21.12.docx (2.38MB)
Proposed Design and Development Overlay:
Schedule 14 to the Design and Development Overlay.docx (27.74kB)
Design and Development Overlay 14 Map.pdf (728.98kB)
List of Amendments, List of Changes & List of Instructions:
Amendment C140 List of Amendments.doc (440.00kB)
Amendment C140 List of changes.docx (19.66kB)
List of Instructions Am C140.doc (40.50kB)
Council sought feedback on the Amendment in October - November 2011. Seven submissions from the community were received.
At its Council Meeting on 21 February 2012 Council resolved to request that the Minister for Planning appoint an independent planning panel to consider the Amendment.
A planning panel has been appointed with the hearing to take place at Planning Panels Victoria (Hearing Room 2, Lvl 1, 8 Nicholson Street, East Melbourne) on Thursday 31 May & Friday 1 June from 10am.
Planning panel - expert evidence
Submissions from Premier Developments and Lahide will be heard at the panel hearing. Statements of evidence from each of these submitters is available below:
Statement of Evidence - Premier Developments (2.64 MB)
Statement of Evidence - Lahide (2.62 MB)
If you have any queries about this Amendment or the panel hearing, please contact Evan Burman, on the contact details below.
Back to top