More Community Resource Recovery Hubs for Yarra
23 December 2015
Yarra has launched another Community Resource Recovery Hub – this time at Ikea, Victoria Gardens Shopping Centre, Richmond.
The new location joins four other sites across Yarra where you can easily recycle materials that don’t go in the recycling bin at home. At the Hubs, you can recycle clothing, homewares and small electrical items.
More than 95% of the goods are recovered, with the best of the clothing going to local charities, the rest being reused or recycled.
You can drop your quality goods at the following Hubs:
- Ikea, Victoria Gardens car park (yellow and rooftop level) - cnr Victoria St and Burnley St, Richmond
- Collingwood Leisure Centre car park - cnr Turnbull St / Hoddle St, Clifton Hill
- Gleadell Street car park - Gleadell St, opposite the Richmond Recreation Centre
- Newry Street - cnr Rathdowne Street, behind North Carlton Library
- Gore Street - outside Officeworks, off Alexandra Parade
For items other than clothing, homewares and small electrical items, visit the Depot at 168 Roseneath Street, Clifton Hill. They can recycle a range of other items, including cardboard, polystyrene, light globes, telephones and cameras, metal, batteries, soft and hard plastics and books.
This project has been made possible due to funding from the Metropolitan Local Government Waste and Resource Recovery Fund.
Back to top
Waste Education Project Officer