Help shape Yarra's future - closing date extended
6 April 2017
The closing date for submissions on our draft Council Plan, Annual Budget, Long Term Financial Plan and proposed Waste Service Charge has been extended to Thursday 11 May.
We will also be holding an additional drop-in community information session on Thursday 4 May, from 6–8pm at Richmond Town Hall.
Yarra Council has resolved to place four of its key strategic documents on public exhibition including:
- Our Draft Council Plan 2017–21 incorporating the Health Plan establishes Yarra Council’s priorities and goals for the next four years.
- Our Draft Annual Budget 2017-18 details the financial resources required over the next year to provide important services and infrastructure for Yarra’s community.
- Our Draft Long Term Financial Strategy 2017-18 to 2026-27 provides a framework to support Council’s financial sustainability into the future.
- Our Proposed Waste Service Charge - documented in the draft budget - is intended to meet the rising cost of waste services and improve Council’s financial sustainability.
The draft documents were informed by more than 2,330 community suggestions from our engagement activities during November 2016 - January 2017.
Read the draft documents
- Richmond Town Hall at 333 Bridge Road, Richmond
- Collingwood Town Hall at 140 Hoddle Street, Abbotsford
- Connie Benn Centre at 160 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy
- Any Council Library branch
Attend one of our drop-in information sessions to ask questions and hear from the experts.
- Wednesday 19 April, 6–8pm at Edinburgh Gardens Community Room, Brunswick Street, North Fitzroy
- Friday 21 April, 12–2pm at Studio One Community Hub, 15 Barnet Way, Richmond
- Thursday 27 April, 6–8pm at Fitzroy Town Hall, 201 Napier Street, Fitzroy
- Saturday 29 April, 10am–12pm, at Collingwood Senior Citizens Centre, Eddy Court, Abbotsford
- Thursday 4 May, 6–8pm at Richmond Town Hall, 333 Bridge Road, Richmond
If you have questions about the documents or the process, and are unable to attend one of these sessions, please contact Council at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9205 5555 – an officer contact you.
Make a submission
Post: Yarra City Council, Attention: Your Say Yarra Consultation, PO Box 168, Richmond VIC 3121
Please note in your submission which of the documents you are responding to: Draft Council Plan 2017–21 incorporating the Health Plan; Draft Annual Budget 2017-18; Draft Long Term Financial Strategy 2017-18 to 2026-27; and/or Proposed Waste Service Charge.
Submissions on the Proposed Waste Service Charge will also be treated as feedback on Council’s proposed Draft Annual Budget 2017-18.
All submissions must be received by 5pm on Thursday 11 May 2017.
Speak to your submission
Council will hear and consider verbal submissions at a Special Council Meeting at 6.30pm on Wednesday 17 May at Richmond Town Hall.
If you lodged a submission before the deadline, and your submission included an intention to speak in support of it (or have someone else speak on your behalf) you will be given an opportunity to do so at this meeting. Council will advise you of this process after it has received your written submission.
Council Meeting for final adoption
Council is expected to adopt the Draft Council Plan 2017–21 incorporating the Health Plan; Draft Annual Budget 2017-18 - including Proposed Waste Service Charge; and Draft Long Term Financial Strategy 2017-18 to 2026-27 – with or without changes – at an Ordinary Council Meeting at 7pm on Tuesday 6 June 2017 at Richmond Town Hall.
If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone please call 9205 5555.
For Language Assistance please call the telephone interpreter service on 9280 1940.
Back to top