Get involved in Fitzroy Gasworks consultation
12 May 2016
Yarra residents are encouraged to get involved in a community consultation on the future of the former gasworks site at 433 Smith Street, North Fitzroy.
The State Government’s property development agency, Places Victoria, is investigating the potential renewal of the site.
Potential development of the site provides an opportunity to meet the State Government's objectives of delivering vibrant neighbourhoods, thriving shopping strips and affordable housing that is close to jobs, services, and transport options, and contributes to broader objectives including:
- Growing the population within a fixed urban growth boundary
- Protecting the green wedges
- Ensuring there are more jobs closer to where people live
- Better transport and stronger activity centres
- Better planned new communities in our growth corridors
- Integrated public transport, infrastructure investment and land use planning.
Development on the site has the potential to support broader council and community aspirations including the provision of open space and supporting the delivery new community facilities.
Find out more and get involved in the first phase of community engagement via:
Phone: 131 852
Community Information Sessions:
- Wednesday 25 May from 6pm-8pm or
- Sunday 29 May from 10am-12pm
At the Edinburgh Gardens Community Room, next to oval grandstand, Brunswick St, Fitzroy North. Please RSVP if you wish to attend by visiting: www.fitzroygasworks.places.vic.gov.au
Back to top