Urban Agriculture Strategy
Council adopted its Urban Agriculture Strategy 2014 - 2018 in November 2014.
A copy of the strategy appears below:
Urban Agriculture Strategy 2014 - 2018 (964.87 KB)
Urban Agriculture Strategy 2014 - 2018 (1.20 MB)
Urban Agriculture Strategy 2014 - 2018 - summary (2.86 MB)
Urban agriculture is about growing food where you live and sharing it with your community so everyone can enjoy fresh, affordable and sustainable produce.
Council’s strategy aims to develop services and programs in the City of Yarra that further support the community to develop their own urban agriculture projects.
Specifically, the strategy will:
- strengthen and facilitate education and training in the area of Urban Agriculture
- foster community leaders in developing Urban Agriculture in their local communities
- cultivate relationships and partnerships between Council, community and external agencies and groups in support of urban agriculture
- facilitate opportunities for the inclusion of urban agriculture into the community, and
- raise awareness for urban agriculture within Council, through the Yarra community and beyond.
Urban Agriculture Facilitator
Back to top