An Asset Protection Permit is required to minimise the likelihood of damage to Council property, and to maintain public amenity and safety throughout the duration of the building works. The permit enables Council to ensure that appropriate responsibility is taken for reinstatement of damaged public assets and that reinstatement is undertaken in a timely manner. An Asset Protection permit is required whenever a building permit is required.
How to apply?
Please download in fill in the form below
App 05_Asset Protection v1.0 (115.93 KB)
This is an application for an Asset Protection Permit only.
Any building permit, occupation of or works within a road, footpath or Council land will require a separate permit or consent.
What happens next?
- A council officer will assess your application and advise you of the decision or request further information
- If your application is successful, it will be emailed or sent to you.
- An officer will inspect your site throughout the duration of the works
- Council may require an Asset Protection Bond where it is identified Council assets may be damaged during the building works, the Bond is refundable (conditions apply).
- Works up to $10,000 = no fee
- Works between $10,001 and $500,000 = $228.80 permit fee
- Works more than $501,000 = $688.50
The Asset Protection Permit fee is non refundable.
A bond may be required depending on the scope of works. This is assessed on a case by case basis and is refundable once the work has been completed to Council standards. Minimum bond requirement is $5000.
Generally within 5 working days.
In person: Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm, Richmond Town Hall 333 Bridge Road, Richmond
By email: email@example.com
Back to top
City of Yarra