Place of Public Entertainment (POPE) Permits

Food stall at the Lunar FestivalA Place of Public Entertainment (POPE) Permit is often required for events that need to temporarily occupy a building or public space, this includes street parties.

These permits have a checklist of requirements that event organisers must meet to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the people attending has been considered.

Under the Building Act, a building surveyor is required to issue an occupancy permit before the event goes ahead. 

For Further information regarding Public events please contact our Venues and events area 9205 5555 or email



Further information
City of Yarra
9205 5555


Back to top
Back to top Back to top