Business Advisory Group
Council's Business Advisory Group meets regularly to discuss matters important to the business community and to provide feedback to Council on how it can support and strengthen the local economy.
The aims of the Business Advisory Group include:
- Capitalising on the knowledge, experience and skill available in Yarra’s large and dynamic local business community to assist Council with the implementation of the objectives in the Yarra Economic Development Strategy
- Raising the profile of the business community in Council activities and planning to support the significant contribution made to our local economy
- Ensuring that a key sector of the community is provided with an appropriate communication mechanism with Council, and
- Providing strategic advice to Council on issues that affect the business community.
Current BAG Members
Councillors Misha Coleman, Geoff Barbour, Roberto Colzani, Simon Huggins and Phillip Vlahogiannis represent Council on the BAG.
Business community representatives include:
- Mike Brickell, Company Director, U-Turn Fashion
- Julie Hyde, Director, Distinctive Leadership
- Peter Jacob, Director, Alphington Private Wealth
- David Markus, Managing Director, Combo
- Frank Chamberlin, Director, Action Words
- Brett MacLeod, General Manager, Kangan Institute
- Nicholas Pateras, Director, Wilson Pateras
- Hershel Landes, Owner, Landes Clothing
- Arthur Leoncelli, Owner, ProColour
- Nikki Calcraft, Owner, Eternal Events
- Robert Blair, Director, Rbi Architects
- Beverley Armstrong, Director, Luna Gallery
- Gary Wertheimer, Director, GIW Environmental Solutions
- Arshad Khan, Director, Channel 32
- Kate Carns, Owner, Artastic
- Matthew Gould, CEO, Economic Development Australia
Terms of reference
Here is the BAG's Terms of Reference (2.45MB) which was last updated in December 2010.
Back to top