Yarra Council has joined Twitter so we now have another way of communicating with our community. We’ll be tweeting regularly about local issues, Council services and upcoming events.
Council has a Twitter feed that covers general Council matters, as well as separate Twitter feeds for our libraries and leisure centres.
Yarra Council – www.twitter.com/yarracouncil
Yarra Libraries - www.twitter.com/yarralibraries
Yarra Leisure - www.twitter.com/yarraleisure
Will Council respond to me on Twitter?
Council will endeavour to respond to all enquiries as soon as possible, however formal requests for Council services like parking permits and hard rubbish collection should be directed to Council by:
Phone: 9205 5555
PO Box 168
Spam and offensive material
Yarra Council will block and report any followers of its Twitter pages that distribute spam or material that is considered offensive or inappropriate, including material that:
- Breaks the law or encourages others to do so
- Incites violence
- Encourages the use of alcohol, tobacco or illegal drugs
- Contains abusive, demeaning or inappropriate language or remarks that are discriminatory based on race, gender, religion, age or ability
- Invades an individual’s privacy or identifies people in a defamatory, abusive or negative manner (including Yarra Council employees and volunteers)
- Is a direct advertisement for a business or product
- Is generally not suited for an audience of all ages.
Council will not post information that identifies people or reveals confidential information about Council employees or members of the public.
Council will keep records of its tweets and direct messages.
Users are reminded that comments made via Twitter can be viewed and searched by any member of the public. Therefore if you wish to contact Council about a private matter, please contact Council via phone, email or post.
Back to top