Preschool field officer
The Preschool Field Officer Program is an early intervention service that supports children with additional needs to access and participate in state funded preschool services.
Children with additional needs can include children with a disability, children with developmental delays or children with behavioural problems.
Support provided by the program includes:
- Observing and assessing children with developmental concerns, including children who need a second year of kindergarten
- Discussing suitable activities for children with additional needs
- Providing support and guidance to parents
- Providing information to pre-school staff, parents and committees of management
- Assisting pre-school staff with the planning, implementation and review of appropriate programs
- Providing referrals for specialised assessment for children and linking families to community support networks.
Parents, teachers and other professionals working with children can contact Council’s Preschool Field Officer for assistance.
2014 preschool field officer referral form (37.27 KB)
Back to top
Tina Di Ciccio
Preschool Field Officer