Restrictions & fines
Council has the authority to issue fines under a local law and State legislation.
Magistrates’ Court action is mandatory in some cases, such as dog attacks.
Fines may be issued for:
- failure to register your dog or cat
- failure to pick up after your dog
- dogs at large – an animal not securely confined on your property
- dogs in public places not complying with Council orders (e.g. a dog off–leash in an on–leash area)
- animals creating a nuisance or trespassing onto private property (e.g. a barking dog)
- keeping excess animals on your property
Back to top