Victoria Parade Bus Improvement Project
VicRoads is undertaking a major project which includes installing 24 hour dedicated bus lanes along Victoria Parade.
The $32 million project will improve the journey for the almost 20,000 people who travel daily on buses along Victoria Parade using Doncaster Area Rapid Transit (DART) services.
Construction work started in late 2014 and is expected to be completed by the middle of 2015. The Victoria Parade work includes:
- Creation of dedicated bus lanes
- Improved cycling and pedestrian connections
- Upgraded public transport stops
- Improvements to signalling to give greater priority to public transport.
- Removal of parking along the central median
The benefits will include:
- Improved reliability of bus services, including faster trips for bus users, and better predictability of bus arrivals
- DDA compliant bus stops
- Improvements to the north-south bicycle routes crossing Victoria Parade.
The DART bus routes will change slightly, shifting from Gisborne Street to Spring Street, taking more buses past St Vincents’ hospital.
While this is not a Yarra City Council project, public consultation on the project has been conducted in Yarra and our officers have been liaising with VicRoads staff.
For further information visit the VicRoads Website.
Back to top