Business permits are only issued to properties with no off-street parking. The number of permits issued to a business is determined by the length of their street frontage.
When applying for a business permit, you will need to present or provide copies of your business registration details. Businesses are not eligible for visitor permits and permits are not available for vehicles more than 4.5 tonnes in gross weight or vehicles 7.5 metres or more in length.
Business parking permits are subject to approval, therefore your permit is not valid until your sticker has been issued.
|1st permit - for first 10 metres of street frontage OR, if in a Retail Zone, for first 5 metres of street frontage
|2nd permit - based on additional ten metre increments of street frontage
|Subsequent - based on additional ten metre increments of street frontage
All prices include GST. Permit fees are not refundable.
How to apply for a business parking permit
In many cases Council Officers will have already assessed whether or not your property is eligible for a business parking permit. Before filling in an application form, check if you are eligible for permits by contacting Council’s Parking Services Branch on 9205 5255.
To apply for a permit, you need to read and complete this Parking Permit Application Form and Fact Sheet August 2015 (399.94 KB)
You can then submit the form and your payment by:
- mailing the completed form, with a cheque or money order made out to Yarra City Council, to Yarra Council, PO Box 168, Richmond 3121.
- In person by visiting Council’s offices during the hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday at the Richmond or Collingwood Town Halls or the Connie Benn Centre, 160 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Council accepts payments in cash or by eftpos or credit card (Amex, Visa and Mastercard).
How to renew your permit
Council’s parking permits are valid for 12 months. Before your permit expires, Council will post you a renewal notice.
To renew your parking permit, fill out the renewal notice and post it back to Council in the pre-paid envelope supplied, enclosing a cheque or money order made out to Yarra City Council.
Alternatively you can pay for your renewal:
- Online (provided payment is being made prior to the permit’s expiry date).
- Over the phone using your credit card (provided payment is being made prior to the permit’s expiry date). Please phone: 1300 792 772
- In person at either the Richmond or Collingwood Town Halls (8.30am - 5pm weekdays)
If your details have changed, you can't pay online or over the phone.
Instead, please complete the Change of Details section of the renewal notice and then post your payment or pay in person.
Back to top
Council's Parking Services