LATMS 14 North Richmond
In early 2011, Council conducted a Local Area Traffic Management Scheme (LATMS) in North Richmond in the area bounded by Victoria Street to the north, Church Street to the east, Bridge Road to the south and Hoddle Street to the west.
This area is known as LATMS 14. Council conducts regular LATMS studies across Yarra to reduce traffic and improve conditions for cyclists and pedestrians.
Council sought feedback from local residents about how traffic conditions could be improved. This feedback was used to develop a draft Traffic Management Plan for the area that proposed solutions to issues such as ‘rat running’ on local streets and high traffic volumes on major roads.
A copy of measures implemented from the Traffic Management Plan appears below:
LATMS 14 Traffic Management Plan - implemented measures (52.79 KB)
The following works were completed in early 2012.
- Cameron Street made one way between Thomas and Lennox streets
- Kerb extensions constructed on Cameron Street between Thomas and Lennox streets
- Two speed humps installed in Egan Place
- Splitter island constructed at Elizabeth and Shelley streets
- Footpath access improved Bowen and Lennox streets
- Additional Stop signs installed at Sheffield and Garfield streets.
In May 2012, two traffic islands were constructed in Hull Street at the intersection of Bosisto Street. These works are part of a condition set by VCAT for a development at 243 – 249A Bridge Road.
Back to top
Manager Traffic & Special Projects