Council uses a variety of methods to keep local roads and streets clear of refuse and waste.
Yarra's street cleaning services empty street litter bins and fix the following problems:
- Dumped rubbish
- Dead animals
- Litter and waste
- Blocked street drains
- Weeds in gutters and lanes
- Garbage collection from highrise flats
To report any of the above items for removal, please contact Council on 9205 5555, during both business and non-business hours.
What you can do
Everyone in the community can do their bit to help keep our streets clean by disposing of their rubbish thoughtfully.
You can also help keep Yarra clean by:
- Reporting overflowing bins to Council
- Report any commercial waste or hard rubbish found in streets, laneways or public spaces to Council
- Report air or water pollution occurring from an industry or business to the EPA Pollution Watch Line
- Report littering from a car to the EPA Litter Report Line.
Back to top