Damaged roads or footpaths
Council maintains Yarra's roads, street furniture and footpaths so they are safe and functionable.
As part of our Customer Service Guarantee, Council has committed that:
- Major potholes will be responded to and made safe within 24 hours and repaired within seven days
- 10,000 metres of footpaths will be upgraded every year.
- Footpaths determined to be a tripping hazard will be made safe within 24 hours and programmed for repair.
- Urgent maintenance requests will be attended to within 24 hours.
Report a problem
Please contact Council on 9205 5555 (during business and non-business hours) to report dangerous situations involving road surfaces, street furniture or footpaths. Please describe the problem, its location and urgency.
Types of maintenance
The following types of maintenance activities are undertaken by Council:
- Pot holes
- Damaged pits
- Signs - missing, damaged, exposed sleeves
- Street furniture
- Street posts (not light & telegraph poles)
- Damaged or uneven footpath
- Damaged or uneven kerb and channel
- Damaged road surface (depressions, collapse, damaged speed humps)
Back to top