Commercial street parties or events in Yarra
If you would like a road or lane closed for a short time for a commericial event, you will need to apply to Council for a permit.
Council has put together information to help you plan a safe and successful event.
Download the application form
Application for Temporary Road Occupation - Commercial Function (58.00 KB)
What to do
There are a few things that need to be done to prepare for a street closure.
- Appoint an event coordinator that will act as the principal point of contact with Council
- Fill in and submit an application Temporary Road Occupation for a Commercial Event
- Comply with all Council Local Laws and EPA requirements
- Obtain public liability of at least $10m
- Obtain any approvals or permits required by other relevant authorities (see additional requirements)
- Notify all affected residents and businesses of the event in writing.
For a temporary road occupation for an event to go ahead it must be supported by at least 80% of the street's residents and businesses.
The Victoria Police require at least 10 weeks notice prior to the event. Applications to Victoria Police must be accompanied by a letter of approval from Council.
Check the Victoria Police website for application form and terms and conditions relating to a Permit to Conduct an Event on a Public Road.
Council will provide traffic management for your event and therefore require a minimum of 8 weeks notice prior to the date of your street party.
Fees can vary depending on the nature of the event.
Systems and Business Support
Back to top