Citizen's Park is Richmond's largest park. Close proximity to public transport and plenty of open space make it a great inner-city getaway.
Making Citizens Park work for everyone
Council recently sought community feedback on proposals to improve Citizens Park for the whole community. For more information, visit the Help Council improve Citizens Park webpage.
Sharing the space
Throughout the year Citizens Park is used for a range of organised sports and as a destination for people relaxing, exercising or walking their dogs.
Dogs in Citizens Park
Citizens Park (including the oval) is a designated dog off-leash area , but some important exceptions apply. Most notably:
- Dogs are not permitted on the oval during organised sporting events or training.
- Even when outside the oval, dogs must be kept on-leash within 10 metres of organised sporting events or training.
- Dogs are not permitted within the playground at any time.
- Dogs must be kept on-leash within 10 metres of the playground, exercise equipment and BBQ/picnic facilities.
Further restrictions are outlined on Council's Dogs in Yarra page, which includes a link to the full text of the Council Order.
Football training and match times
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 4-7pm
- Saturday 7-11.30am
- Sunday 8-6pm
- Please consult notices on the Jack Dyer pavillion for the latest information on training and match times.
Responsible pet ownership
Dog owners are also reminded to:
- Pick up after your dog to ensure the park remains clean and safe for all users. This is a requirement under the Local Law and penalties apply to dog owners who disregard this. All dog owners must carry a bag or receptacle to collect your dog’s poo.
- Have your pet under effective control at all times, i.e. do not leave your dog on its own.
- Stop your dog digging holes in the oval surface which can be unsafe for other people using the park.
- Ensure your pet is registered with Council and wearing the current registration tag at all times (penalties apply for not wearing tag). This will make it easier to reunite you with your pet should it go missing.
Features and facilities
Features and facilities include:
- Sports ground
- Dog off-leash area
- Barbeque facilities
- Picnic tables
- Drinking fountains
- Bike parking
- On street parking
Highett Street (between Church and Gleadell Streets), Richmond 3121
Melway ref: 2H, B5
Citizens Park is wheelchair accessible, including accessible toilet and parking.
Click here to inquire about park hire.
View Larger Map
Further information regarding hiring of park facilities
Venues & Events
Further information regarding park maintenance
Back to top
Coordinator - Open Space