Health and wellbeing at Yarra
We know that the health and wellbeing of all employees is vitally important to the success of delivering on Council’s strategic objectives.
The ‘your health YOUR LIFE’ program has been developed to support our employees get the most out of life by providing work-life balance and help make healthy and informed choices.
Our Committee brings employees a convenient and innovative approach to support physical activity, nutrition, health awareness and mental health.
Best of all, the majority are subsidised or provided at no cost. Ultimately we aim to make healthy choices the easy choices for our employees.
- Discounted gym memberships at Yarra’s three leisure centres
- Employee ‘Fit Club’ which is staff lunchtime exercise classes
- Physical activity and pedometer challenges
- Bike fleet with showering facilitates and secure bike storage
- Healthy eating initiatives and health promotion campaigns
- Flu vaccinations
- Quit smoking support
- Ergonomic Assessments available to set up your new work station
- Free confidential counselling for work related and or personal issues through our Employee Assistance Program
- Stress management, resilience programs and relaxation/mediation
We are proud of our nationally recognised program which has won the 2010 Heart Foundation Local Government award, and nomination as a finalist in the Australian Human Resources Institute Award 2012 Martin Seligman Award for Health and Wellbeing.
Executive Manager - Human Resources
Back to top