Yarra Council offers diverse, inner city career opportunities. We encourage you to consider joining us.
A listing of current vacancies is available on Council's employment website e-recruit. At that website, you can apply for a position online.
You can also send your application by mail to: Recruitment and Selection, HR Services Branch, Yarra City Council, P.O. Box 168, Richmond 3121. Applicants must include a covering letter and resume, and address the Key Selection Criteria of the position.
If you wish to receive email notification of any new vacancies at Yarra Council, please register your details here.
Please find below the usual steps that are taken as part of our recruitment process. The entire process should usually take about four weeks.
- Position advertised (usually in the local government section of the career liftout of The Saturday Age newspaper)
- Applications received via e-recruit or mail
- Applications short listed (usually within 2 weeks of the closing date for the position)
- Short-listed applicants interviewed by a recruitment panel (usually made up of 2-3 Council officers)
- Officers speak to referees, and conduct police and working with children checks (where required)
- The successful applicant is advised and contracts signed
- Unsuccessful applicants are advised by phone or email.
Back to top
Recruitment HR Services