Council has developed a Marketing Program for 2013-13 to help local businsesses promote their services to residents and visitors.
Known for its character and charm, the City of Yarra is often thought of as the heart and soul of Melbourne, holding strong appeal for those who live, work and play in the area.
The unique mix of eclectic retail strips, bustling nightlife, heritage architecture, arts and cultural activities, sport and recreational facilities and beautiful open spaces is the very reason why visitors love to come here.
This program is a guide for how local businesses can showcase what they have to offer. We encourage you to get involved, share your story and help us tell people what we already know….the City of Yarra is an outstanding place to visit.
The Melbourne Official Visitor Guide is the tourism industry’s flagship publication, showcasing all the products and experiences on offer in Melbourne. Produced quarterly by Destination Melbourne, the Guide regularly features seasonal activities, tourist attractions, tour operators, and retail and dining precincts. It is the cornerstone of every effective tourism marketing strategy.
OVG - Digital
Each season the Official Visitors Guide is also available as an iPad App. The application features all the content from the print version of the Guide. To support the increasing numbers of visitors with Smartphones, Destination Melbourne will be launching the Official Visitor Guide as a Smartphone App from Spring 2012.
OVG - Coupons
Coupons are a seasonal collection of special offers produced as an insert in the Official Visitor Guide. The coupons are a great way for advertisers to track the response to their participation in the guide. The coupons are offered free of charge to advertisers who participate in all four editions of the Guide.
More than 1 million copies of the A5 Guide are distributed each year through networks including:
- International Terminal - Melbourne Airport
- Avalon Airport
- Skybus - Tullamarine Airport and Southern Cross Station
- City Circle Tram
- Melbourne Visitor Information Centre - Federation Square & Bourke Street
- Conference delegates through the Melbourne Convention and Visitors Bureau
- City and metropolitan hotels, hostels and attractions
- Accredited visitor information centres throughout Victoria
- Tourism Victoria offices nationally and internationally. Participation Costs
|PARTICIPATION COSTS – INCLUDES DIGITIAL & PRINT (EX GST)
Spring – 18 May 2012
Summer - 19 August 2012
Autumn– 12 October 2012
Winter– 8 February 2013
Spring – 1 Sep 2012
Summer – 1 Dec 2012
Autumn- 1 March 2013
Winter- 1 June 2013
To book advertising space in the Official Visitor Guide, please contact John McGaw at Destination Melbourne directly on:
t: 9869 2444
Local Business Directory
Council’s Local Business Directory connects local businesses with the community.
Businesses located within the City of Yarra are invited to advertise their products or services in the directory, at NO cost. With over 80,000 residents and millions of visitors each year to our City – that’s a lot of potential business!
- Connect with local customers and visitors
- Tap into the growing online market place
- Differentiate yourself from the competition
- Increase your networks
- Receive Council’s monthly business e-bulletin, providing the latest business news, BRAINfoodforBusiness training updates, marketing opportunities, events and much more.
To join this growing online community, simply register by visiting www.yarrabusiness.com click on ‘Register Your Business’ and submit your details.
visitvictoria.com is Victoria’s official tourism website, providing information on all the great things to see and do. In 2011, more than 6.4 million visitors accessed information from visitvictoria.com to plan their stay in Melbourne.
Businesses who advertise on visitvictoria.com benefit from increased online exposure, integration with mapping, online booking capabilities and leverage from Tourism Victoria’s marketing campaigns. For just a small annual fee, it’s one of the most cost effective and beneficial marketing opportunities available to tourism businesses.
Businesses can create, update and maintain their own listing, complete with images, description, rates and maps by visiting my.visitvictoria.com/register
- Dedicated comprehensive product listing page
- Link to your own website
- Dynamic mapping and route planner features
- Integration with preferred online booking provider
- Personalised web address
- Opportunity to upload 360 degree view and video to listing
- Dedicated support team
Accredited Businesses: $90 per year (+ GST)
Non Accredited Businesses: $227.25 per year (+ GST)
Duration of Listing: 12 months
To find out more about advertising on visitvictoria.com please contact Tourism Victoria’s Online Support Team:
t: 1300 306 366
Tourism Marketing Partnership Program
The City of Yarra Tourism Marketing Partnership Program is a 12 month program developed for local tourism businesses and precincts to promote their products and services, build networks and support business growth.
The program includes:
- Advertisement on the City of Yarra page in each of the four editions of the 2012/13 Official Visitors Guide (Spring, Summer, Autumn & Winter)
- Participation in the Official Visitor Guide Coupon Program
Industry Development & Networking
- One ticket to attend Destination Melbourne’s 2012 Global Destination Forum
- A booth at the 2012 Melbourne Tourism Industry Exchange
- Two tickets to attend the City of Yarra Business Networking Breakfast in November 2012
Melbourne Tourism Industry Exchange
This Exchange is a great opportunity for tourism businesses to share their stories with those people who influence how visitors spend their time in Melbourne. You’ll meet hotel concierges, tourism service staff, City of Melbourne volunteers, taxi drivers and local and regional media representatives.
The cost to participate in the Partnership Program varies depending on the size of the Official Visitor Guide advertisement:
||Cost (ex GST)
For more information, please contact Council’s Economic Development Unit:
t: 9205 5362
Back to top